Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I was just thinking...

If I hear another "kid", and that extends to people into their 30's, say "you know what I'm saying", I'm gonna scream!!! No, I do not know what you're saying... You have not uttered a coherent sentence. Am I supposed to read your mind?
In this age of technology, it seems that people have managed to lose the art of communication. With all the available communication devices, you still can't manage to get your thoughts out! Kids send millions of text messages a day, but don't know how to write a sentence. Their texts are just strings of "abbreviations" which may or may not give the reader any insight into what they "are saying".
I just upgraded to a cell phone with a querty keyboard because it just took too long to send my FULL SENTENCE TEXT MESSAGES when I had to hit number keys more than once to make words. Even when I had to do that, I managed to get my point across, even though it took a long time.
We "boomers" do not know what you're saying because you haven't said anything!!! I'd love to know what you're saying..."'splain it to me"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment